Monday, March 2, 2009

Missions Festival

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was our church's missions festival as well as one of the worst snow storms we've had all year. Ha! Reesa and I set up a booth and shared with those who were brave enough to face the ice.

Many were excited to hear about our future ministry at Vienna Christian School. But not only that, many people were supportive about my situation at work and a sweet couple prayed with me as I still face the decision of what to do about next year.





The disciples were out fishing and not having much luck when Jesus says, "Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish." and Simon says, We've got fish folks! Soon, both boats were filled with fish. Is Jesus asking me to drop my nets in Vienna.

Luke 5:11 says, "Don't be afraid! From now on you'll be fishing for people! as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus." Jesus comes right where we are and invites us to follow Him. Jesus calls us to not be afraid. They left everything.

My delima is knowing the difference between stepping out in faith (leaving everything) and being a good steward of what God has given me. I have two wonderful jobs and am at 25% of my monthly support. Honestly, I am scared. Each day at work I am faced with the question of what I have decided. Please pray for wisdom!

1 comment:

Crystal's Ministry Updates said...

praying for you. The Lord will make it clear.