Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lord, teach me to pray...

This week has been amazing. Tuesday my good friends the Bittners brought home their beautiful baby girl, Mariah. We have been praying for their adoption for a long time now. In church this morning we sang "How Great is Our God" and "I stand Amazed (How Marvelous)." Tears flooded my eyes as I thought about how marvelous He truly is and how He really does answer prayer. In Sunday school, we read the passage from Luke 11 where the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray. Verse 3 really stood out to me, "Give us each day the food we need." God's provision is daily. If He gave me all my support right off the back I would no longer need to rely on Him. He goes on to teach the disciples to be persistent in prayer. Practicing persistence in prayer helps us recognize God's work. Would you join me in being persistent and bold about praying for my support money to come in?

Feb 27- March 1 is my church's Missions Festival. Reesa and I will be setting up a table and talking to people about our trip. March 15 Reesa and I will have the opportunity to speak during the Sunday School hour at our church about our trip. I have plans to call a lady in WI this week to see if it would be possible to speak at her church. After that is set up I hope to call my Grandma's church and see about speaking there. From there I will be starting "tea parties" with girls in different cities to talk about my trip. Pray for safe travels and open hearts.

Friday, I have a job interview for a summer job opportunity. It sounds like they would be flexible during my PFO training in the middle of summer. Plus, I would absolutely love working there. Pray that God's will would be done one way or another.

I'm starting to sell furniture from my apartment. So far, the Lord has really blessed me by giving me my asking price or close to it...and one time even more than my asking price!!! PTL

No comments: