Friday, June 18, 2010

Coming Home

On June 17th, I few back to America. My first stop was in London. It was there I started to realize that I would have to readjust once I got home. For the past year, I haven't been able to understand any side conversations at the grocery store or on the subway (the U-Bahn). For the first time in almost a year, I was able to understand everything going on around me and my brain went into overload!
The rest of the flights went really well. I had hardly any down time in the airports. It was so great to see my family and hug them after a year of not seeing them! After they picked me up we went to Applebee's...where I froze because I haven't had air conditioning in a year. Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nicki! I totally identify with your comment about your brain going into overload hearing all the English conversations around you! I felt that way once I got to London too! And also cold in restaurants, etc.! Looks like you're getting some good family time and water time! :)