Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MY FAITH CARRIES ME!

God has been teaching me so much about faith lately. If you have faith in someone, you feel confident about their ability or goodness. You have allegiance to them. You have complete trust in them. My faith has really been tested these last 6 months. I have given up my job, my things, and my place to live. I’ve bought my tickets and shipped my things to Vienna. I’m supposed to leave in 3 weeks, however, I’m only at 65% of my support. Doubt and fear have defiantly set in! Will my faith crumble or carry me through this time of uncertainty? The truth is, what seems so big to me, is not bigger than the God I serve! God has shown me before that he is in control and He will provide for me. He has always been faithful. Why would today be any different?

Luke 22:31-32 Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, THAT YOUR FAITH MAY NOT FAIL, and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.

Matthew 6:34 Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.

Hebrews 12:1-2 Run with endurance the race that was set before us.

No comments: